When it comes to having a very flexible kitchen area, what better tool to have than a multi-directional faucet. This will help you get complete coverage of your dishes or deep saucepans or if you want to blast the mud off your large boots but you can’t quite fit them into the sink.
If you are very conscious about hygiene, then having a faucet with a touch function will be perfect for limiting the transfer of bacteria from your hand to the sink area and vice versa.
But where can you find the best pull-out kitchen faucets? What features should a pull-out faucet have to give you the most control over your jet of water as well as the pressure at which it comes out? What’s the best method of keeping a pull-out tap clean? How much can you be expected to pay for one of these nifty kitchen gadgets?
Well, if you do want to renovate your kitchen with something a little more modern, we would heartily recommend that you read on. We’ve compiled a list of some of the best pull-out faucets that you can get on the market.
We’ve also provided you with a buyer’s guide to help you identify a really good faucet, as well as some frequently asked questions.
OUR TOP PICK
This first faucet utilizes an infra-red sensor at the base, allowing you to wave your hand over it to turn it on.
It will turn itself off after a few minutes, so you won’t be paying too much for your water bill at the end of the month.
The faucet can be removed and is very easy to use, with a head that rotates around 360 degrees - introducing the Touchless Kitchen Faucet with Pull Down Sprayer.
You can amend the pressure on the head of this faucet, you can either blast off mud from your work boots or you can wash fruits gently before you eat them.
The versatility of this head is amazing, you can switch between the different pressure modes using a very easy-to-wield trigger.
- This faucet is supplied with enough energy to last - it is powered by two AA batteries, which should give you enough power to last for around 2 years.
- This has a very long neck, which will give you more maneuverability when it comes to washing various objects.
- It can be installed very easily, adaptable to both 1- and 3-hole sinks. It has a copper bottom, which is very resistant to water damage, as well as being sturdy.
- This is a very durable faucet that will certainly last you for many years to come.
- The head of the faucet is very tall, so you might have to be wary of any above-sink shelving units that you might have before installation.
This next faucet comes at a very reasonable price, with a great design that will get the water to push out at various settings: spray, stream and pause.
This has an aerated stream that will decrease your water bills and ultimately save you on a lot of energy - introducing the WEWE Single Handle Pull Out Kitchen Faucet.
You can use the spray setting on this faucet to wash off your plates and other delicates, or you can go in for the hard spray to remove more stubborn stains like dry mud or dried cereal.
You can also stop the water momentarily while you move the faucet from one position to the other, which is a very handy feature.
- The sheer range of settings on this faucet is what makes it the most impressive, you can do many jobs like cleaning your fruits and vegetables or giving your boots that nice clean finish.
- The pull-down hose is very useful for tackling those hard-to-reach places. We all know how difficult it is to wash larger objects like tools and boots, often you can’t get them in the basin.
- The price - this is a great budget unit, perfect if you are in a domestic setting and you might be pinching the pennies.
- The retractable portion of this faucet sits nicely inside the shaft, so you won’t have to worry about any tricky clean-up after you have finished washing your dishes.
- There is no magnetizing element in the retractable portion of this faucet, so it might take you a few extra seconds to put it back in the housing.
This next faucet comes in a variety of different finishes: stainless steel, polished chrome and matte black. These all offer you different properties and will suit different styles of cleaning and dishwashing.
You can control the water head with a few easy-to-use buttons, so you can have one hand free when you are cleaning - introducing the Kohler K-596-VS Simplice Kitchen Faucet.
You will be able to use the touch-sensitive buttons with wet hands, which is perfect if you don’t want to halt your washing to make sure your fingers are in exactly the right spot.
This has some great pressure settings, including stream, boost and sweep spray, each one offering you aerated water spray that will save you money.
- The sweep setting will give you a powerful and wider flow of water that will easily dislodge difficult stains such as grease, muck and dried food.
- If you want to fill up your pitchers quickly for a warm summer’s day, then we would recommend that you use the boost setting, which will give you a higher volume of water per second.
- The detachable faucet is very easy to use, with a braided hose and swivel ball joint, you can simply pull it down and start spraying instantly. It is also very easy to slip back into the housing with its magnetized system.
- This faucet comes with a lifetime warranty, so you can rest assured that if it breaks after a few weeks then you can easily return it.
- Some users have reported corrosion in the fittings as soon as their faucet has arrived.
This next faucet is another that utilizes a perfect touchless infra-red control system. If you are wanting to wash a frying pan, for example, you won’t even have to wave your hand in front of it first.
Simply place the frying pan over the sensor and let the technology do its work - introducing the Moen 7594ESRS Touchless One-Handle Pulldown Kitchen Faucet.
This has two faucets that can be operated by the infra-red features. You can also operate this manually, so you can use whatever method you prefer for water control.
The pull-down spray head does not give you any resistance and will retract on its own using a spring system once you are finished with it.
- This has a great button on the back that will allow you to select two different settings, either a focussed stream of water or a spray option that you can use to clean plates.
- The head can be nicely retracted back into position - you won’t have to worry about fiddling with this one after you’ve finished washing.
- This faucet has a great finish that will resist fingerprints, which is especially important if you have children with greasy, roving hands.
- This can be installed quickly and easily on both sinks with 1 or 3 holes. This is perfect for a family-style setting.
- You need to get the settings right when you install it, otherwise, this faucet will tend to switch itself on and off - almost as if there’s a ghost in your house.
The design of this spout is rather different from the others on this list, mainly being that it doesn’t arc upwards too violently, instead it comes out at the side with a gentle upwards curve.
This is a great option if you have shelving above your sink and your options are limited when it comes to vertical space - introducing the Ufaucet Pull Out Sprayer Sink Faucet.
This tap is made from solid brass, so it will easily be able to resist a lot of water exposure as well as the natural pulling and tugging that any faucet will experience.
The pull-down segment has a massive 20 inches of length, so you can even retract it to clean your dog’s paws without having to lift it up to the faucet.
- You can easily rotate this faucet once it has been removed from the shaft. This means that you can shoot water into the side sink, onto the draining board or even onto your kitchen floor.
- You can install this faucet very easily, adapting it to 1 or 3 hole sinks. This is a great unit to have for a busy household and a larger kitchen area.
- You can have multiple different settings, from an aerated stream to a powerful jet spray, this will be great for multiple shapes and sizes of items that need cleaning.
- The hose on this device is around 20 inches in length, ideal for a larger kitchen where you might have to hose off your child’s boots without lifting them up to the sink.
- This faucet is a lot smaller than some of the models that we have on this list. If you have one that is quite close to the sink, it might be quite cumbersome when it comes to cleaning.
Our last faucet comes in two different finishes, either matte black or brushed nickel.
It is around 16 inches tall, making it one of the most flexible and easy-to-use faucets on our list, you can use this for comfortably clean dishes or large saucepans - introducing the Comllen Pull Out Kitchen Faucet.
You can swivel this faucet 360 degrees, which is great if you have an optional sink on the side and want to rinse your dishes before putting them in the dishwasher.
This has a 20-inch hose that you can use to fill all the pot plants in your house or rinse out your coffee urn. This is a great all-round faucet for a domestic setting.
- You can control the pressure of the water with a lever on the side of the faucet. It is easy to use and won’t get stuck or wear away through repeated use.
- You can amend the amount of water that you get from your faucet with a manual lever on the side. This is ideal for those who prefer the conventional touch when it comes to their sink.
- This faucet comes with a ceramic cartridge the shaft that will stop any leakage. This is a common issue with most taps.
- This is a very durable and quality-made faucet, it is also a very decent price, you can get a lot of features on this model that you would normally find on more expensive models.
- This faucet has no magnetic docking, so it might be awkward for you to fit the hose back in once you have finished with it.
Best Pull-Out Kitchen Faucets Buying Guide
When it comes to buying a retractable faucet, you must think about your sink first.
If you have picked up a faucet but haven’t double-checked the measurements of your sink, the chances are that you might be lumbered with something that either doesn’t fit or suffers from leaks and other issues.
When it comes to buying a great pull-out faucet for your home, there’ll be a few features that you’ll definitely need to be looking for:
Is It Clear Of Any Shelving?
If you have shelving units above your sink, then you might be limited on the height of your faucet.
Looking at some of the models above, they can reach 16 inches high, which is a lot of room to have free above your sink.
How Many Spray settings Does Your Faucet Have?
Some of the models that we’ve listed above have many different settings, with spray, boost and stream settings, each one can be adapted for the particular style of rising or cleaning that you plan on doing.
Stream and spray options are usually best for cleaning off large areas of dirt or grime but at a lower pressure. Boost will usually give you a straight stream of water at a higher pressure.
You can have some faucets that combine these two options, which is great if you want to blast a large area at a higher pressure.
How Long Is The Retractable Hose?
As you’ve already seen from the list above, some of these hoses can reach up to 20 inches in length. This is perfect if you have a larger kitchen and might need to wash your bike tires at the back door before you come in.
Having a larger hose is probably good for a family setting where you might need something capable of cleaning a vast array of stains and objects.
A shorter hose is probably best for rinsing off dishes or objects that you can hold easily over your sink. Most sinks are just used for cleaning pots and pans, but if you have larger utensils, then having a nozzle that rotates 360 degrees will certainly be very helpful.
What Is The Best Material For A Pull-Out Faucet?
A lot of our faucets are made from a composite of materials, including copper, brass, stainless steel and a ceramic cartridge for the inside to prevent dripping. The ceramic element is particularly important for having a tap that lasts longer.
We would recommend having some copper in your faucet, as this is very resistant to water exposure and you can be sure that it won’t corrode after repeated usage.
Should Your Faucet Be magnetized?
Having a magnetized faucet is not essential, but it certainly makes reeling the hose back into the housing a lot easier. If you have mobility issues and would like a faucet that retracts itself, then we would certainly recommend having something that works all by itself.
The longer the hose of your faucet, the less likely it will have a magnetized element in the head. However, a lot of these faucets have a lever on the side that will certainly help you to wind in the hose after you have finished with it.
We hope that our list of pull-out kitchen faucets has helped you to make a decision when it comes to your next funky kitchen sink gadget. Happy shopping!