Cooking can be a messy business. Whether you’re chopping fruits and vegetables or kneading dough, your hands are going to get dirty.
And, when it comes to washing them, there’s nothing more frustrating than heading to your basin, turning the faucet on, and realizing that the handles are covered in ingredients!
There’s a potential danger to food-covered faucets, too. Any bacteria that finds its way onto our hands through touching raw meat can linger and multiply on surfaces. This can lead to serious food poisoning including salmonella and E. coli.
Don’t panic - there is a solution! A touchless kitchen faucet gives you the freedom to start your water running without having to touch it at all. This keeps everything clean and, more importantly, hygienic.
However, with so many to choose from, finding the right one for your kitchen can be a confusing ordeal. So, to make things easier, we’ve put together a list of the best touchless kitchen faucets available.
We’ve also included a handy buyer’s guide that’s packed with information on what to look out for before you settle on your final decision.
OUR TOP PICK
The MotionSense Touchless Kitchen Faucet from Moen features two sensors that give you more versatility to start running water from different angles.
The first is located directly on top of the faucet, while the second is located on the front. This makes it much easier to activate the water from the most convenient position.
A simple wave of your hand over either of these sensors will trigger a flow of water, so you’ll never have to touch it with dirty hands.
There is also a manual handle that you can use to activate the flow of water too and, thanks to the spot-resistant finish, there’s no risk of leaving any fingerprints behind.
This faucet features a pull-down hose with a power-clean spray head that cuts your washing up time in half. It’s also super useful for rinsing dishes before placing them in the dishwasher.
This pull-down hose is fully retractable and when you’ve finished it will smoothly slide back into position and dock itself securely in the main body of the faucet.
It’s easy to fit and is designed to be installed through 1 or 3 holes, so it’s ideal for a variety of basin designs. You can also choose between a range of different finishes including stainless steel, chrome, and matte black.
And, as a testament to its quality and performance, this touchless faucet comes complete with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Two sensors - ideal for triggering the flow of water from different positions without having to touch the faucet
- Spot-resistant finish - reduces the appearance of fingerprints and water spots forming on the faucet
- Pull-down hose - Gives you more cleaning power and securely docks back into position once you’ve finished using it
- Easy to install - can be fed through 1 or 3 holes, making it perfect for a variety of basin designs
- Four designs - choose from Matte Black, Chrome, Oil-Rubbed Bronze, and Stainless Steel, all of which come with a limited lifetime warranty
- Battery life - depending on how often you use the faucet, you may find yourself changing the batteries more often than you would have expected
The Dalmo Touchless Kitchen Faucet offers you four different ways to get your water flowing.
Two touchless sensors placed at separate locations on the faucet allow you to simply wave your hand for touchless operation. You can also use the manual handle to turn the faucet on.
The fourth way of starting the flow of water is simply by pulling down the built-in sprayer. This is great for blasting away baked-on food and giving your pots, pans, and dishes a pre-rinse before putting them in your dishwasher.
The entire faucet can be rotated 360º too, and this gives you the freedom to use it from multiple angles.
Whichever way you activate the flow of water, you can rest assured that the faucet will look beautifully clean and shiny at all times.
This is thanks to the stain-resistant brushed nickel surface, which has been treated with a layer of oil to prevent fingerprints and water spots from forming.
It also features a high-quality ceramic cartridge with advanced processing technology. This means that it’s virtually leak-proof, so you’ll always get a powerful flow of water when you’re using it.
There won’t be any annoying drips to deal with either. Installation is easy too, and it can be fitted through 1 or 3 holes, making it ideal for a variety of basin designs.
- Can be activated in four ways - use either of the two touchless sensors, the manual handle, or the pull-down sprayer to start the water running
- Pull-down sprayer - ideal for blasting through tough-to-clean dishes and pre-rinsing before placing in the dishwasher
- 360º rotation - can be used from any angle for ultimate convenience
- Stain-resistant finish - the brushed nickel, oil-treated surface prevents fingerprints and water spots from building up
- Leak-proof - features a ceramic cartridge with advanced processing technology that ensures this faucet never leaks
- Only comes in one finish - while the brushed nickel finish is super-stylish, it may not be the right choice for your kitchen’s design scheme
If you’re looking for a touchless faucet that is stylish, easy to use, and guaranteed to last, you can’t go wrong with the Moen Align MotionSense Touchless Kitchen Faucet.
It features a single motion sensor that allows you to activate a flow of water without having to touch the faucet, along with a manual handle that provides an extra water activation option.
This faucet also features a pull-down hose that uses PowerClean™ Technology to provide up to 50% more spray power than most other pull-down sprayers.
This makes it ideal for thoroughly cleaning when you’re washing dishes by hand, as well as giving you the opportunity to give the basin a deeper clean.
Installing this touchless faucet is quick and easy thanks to the innovative Duralock quick connect system. This allows you to mount it on your basin or countertop and connect it to your water lines in one easy step. You don’t even need to use any tools!
You have a choice of four styles to choose from, so there’s something to suit any personal taste or interior design scheme.
It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty that gives you extra value for money, along with the knowledge that you’ll be covered for repair or replacement in the unlikely event of something going wrong.
- Touchless operation - features a single sensor that allows you to trigger the flow of water by placing your hand directly in front of it
- Pull-down hose - uses PowerClean™ Technology that has 50% more spray power than most other faucets with pull-down hoses
- Easy to install - the Duralock quick connect system allows you to install this faucet in one step without the needs for any tools
- Four styles - choose between Black Stainless, Chrome, Matte Black, and Stainless Steel to match your kitchen’s design
- Limited lifetime warranty - gives you extra value for money and acts as proof of the quality and performance of this faucet
- One sensor - this isn’t a big issue for most people, but if you’d prefer a faucet with multiple touchless activation options, you’d be better off with a different model
Like many other models, the Dicoya Touchless Kitchen Faucet features a pull-down sprayer that is perfect for cutting your dishwashing time in half.
However, what sets it apart from the rest is its ability to create four different spray modes! This gives you loads of versatility in the kitchen and allows you to choose the best mode for the task at hand:
- Spray Mode: Ideal for gently rinsing vegetables and cleaning dishes
- Stream Mode: Has a powerful flow rate and is perfect for filling pots with water in a shorter amount of time
- Double-Blade Mode: Provides a powerful jet of water for cleaning stuck-on ingredients
- Gas Mode: Operates with a higher pressure to wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly while using up to 50% less water
Switching between these modes is easy by simply rotating the spray-head, and you can activate the flow of water simply by waving your hand in front of the built-in sensor.
You also don’t need to worry about covering yourself in water next time you turn the faucet on if you forget to switch from stream mode back to spray mode. This is because it automatically switches back once you’ve finished.
Installation is easy and this faucet comes with a ½ - ⅜ adaptor that can be used to fit it to a wide range of basin designs. It also includes a limited lifetime warranty, a 90-day money-back guarantee, and access to 24-hour customer support.
- Four spray modes - allows you to find the best water pattern for the task at hand
- Automatic return - automatically switches back to the soft-spray mode when you’re done, so there’s no risk of getting splashed next time your turn on the faucet
- Touchless sensor - simply wave your hand in front of the faucet to start the water running
- Easy to install - comes with a ½ - ⅜ adaptor for easy installation across a variety of basin designs
- Warranty - comes with a limited lifetime warranty that covers you for repair or replacement
- Only one touchless style - while there are five different styles to choose from, only the brushed nickel finish comes with touchless activation
The Kohler Sensate Touchless Kitchen Faucet features a sensor that is located behind the head of the faucet.
This allows you to operate it without touching the faucet while reducing the risk of accidentally activating the flow of water when you don’t need it.
In turn, this reduces your water consumption and makes it more environmentally-friendly than some other touchless faucets.
You can also monitor your water usage through the Kohler Konnect app, which gives you access to advanced settings and easily-programmable presets as well. You can even use this app to activate the faucet using your voice and your home assistant!
There is a two-pattern pull-down sprayer built directly into the faucet, and this is ideal for giving your cooking equipment a thorough clean. This sprayer also features a Docknetic system that smoothly guides and locks the spray head back in place when you’ve finished using it.
You have a choice of four different styles to choose from, allowing you to find the perfect match for your kitchen.
It also comes with a limited lifetime warranty that gives you extra value for money and peace of mind over its quality.
- Hidden sensor - stops accidental water-activation and helps to reduce your water consumption
- Smart technology - comes with access to the Kohler Konnect app, which allows you to monitor your water usage and program presets using your smartphone or your voice-activated assistant
- Two pattern sprayer - ideal for quickly powering through your washing up
- Docknetic docking system - smoothly glides and locks the sprayer back in place when you’re done
- Four styles - Find the perfect match for your kitchen with a choice between Matte Black, Oil-Rubbed Bronze, Polished Chrome, and Vibrant Stainless Steel
- Expensive - this is the most expensive touchless faucet on our list and it may not be the best option for anybody working with a limited budget
Touchless Kitchen Faucet Buying Guide
There’s a little more to buying a touchless kitchen faucet than you might think. Sure, it needs to be able to produce water without you touching it.
But there are several other factors that need to be considered to ensure you make the best choice for your individual needs.
Below, we’ll take a look at some of the key points to bear in mind when you start shopping. Giving a little extra consideration to these will make it much easier to find the best touchless faucet for your kitchen the first time around.
Number of Sensors
The first thing you need to think about when you’re choosing your touchless kitchen faucet is how many sensors you want it to have.
Some faucets have a single sensor, while others have two or three. The more sensors your touchless faucet has, the more versatility you'll have when it comes to activating the flow of water.
For example, if you're faucet has a sensor on top of it and on the side, and you’re carrying a large pan, you’ll be able to use the pan itself as a trigger by holding it above a sensor on the top of the faucet. If it only had one sensor on the side, you would have to put the pan down before you could start the flow of water.
However, too many sensors can lead to higher consumption of water. This is because you risk accidentally triggering them when you don’t need any water. So, this is something that's worth thinking about, especially if you’re trying to reduce the amount of water you use.
Some touchless kitchen faucets come with smart technology that allows you to activate them through your smartphone or by using a voice-activated home assistant, such as Google Home or Alexa. This is a great feature to look for if you’re in a busy family home and want to fill a basin of water remotely.
It’s also a good idea to make sure that your chosen touchless kitchen faucet has a manual handle built into it as well. This means that you’ll still be able to get running water when the batteries in the faucet have run out. You can also use this manual handle to control the flow of the water.
The majority of touchless faucets come with a pull-down hose built directly into them. This is a really great feature as you’ll be able to get your dishes clean in record time and blast away any food that has been baked onto your pots and pans. There are a few extra things to look out for here, too.
A pull-down hose that has multiple spray patterns is always a good choice to go for. This makes it easier to do certain things and means that you don’t have too much power coming from the hose when you need a gentler spray of water. Likewise, if you need a powerful stream of water, you’ll be able to select this function for better results.
Some pull-down hoses also have special docking systems that ensure the hose is returned to the faucet’s housing smoothly and locked in place until you need it again. This reduces damage to the hose and keeps everything looking neat and tidy.
Batteries VS. AC Power
Most touchless kitchen faucets use batteries to power their sensors, although some do connect to AC power. So it’s important to think about which of these would work best for you.
If you’re going to be using your faucet regularly, AC power may be the best option as you won't have to worry about replacing batteries regularly.
Conversely, if you dine at restaurants more regularly or order in, you may find that a battery-operated touchless faucet could be a better option. This is because they’ll use less energy as they won’t rely on your electricity supply to function.
It’s also important to make sure that the touchless faucet you’ve chosen can be easily installed into your basin.
Most will come with special adaptors that allow you to install it into a 1 or 3 hole basin, but it’s worth checking compatibility before you purchase.
Some touchless faucets are super easy to install by yourself and don’t even require any tools to get them up and running.
This is a good way of reducing the overall cost of installing your faucet as you won’t have to employ the services of a plumber to do it for you.
Finally, it’s worth spending a little extra time finding a touchless faucet that matches your kitchen design scheme.
This doesn’t only give it its own aesthetic appeal but makes it one of the things that tie the entire look of the room together.
Luckily, touchless kitchen faucets are available in a huge variety of styles and colors, so it’s pretty easy to find one that will look stunning in your kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a touchless kitchen faucet?
As the name suggests, a touchless kitchen faucet allows you to get a flow of water from your kitchen faucet without having to touch it.
It does this by using motion sensors that, when activated, release a flow of water.